Leadership is relational and effectiveness starts with the leader's strong understanding of their self. The material provides the personal and professional development strategies to equip leaders with the competence and attributes to inspire individuals and teams towards effectiveness and performance.
Being promoted to a higher level of responsibility, means you must move beyond technical expertise and rely on and utilize management and leadership skills. This course allows you to assess your own leadership potential, map a career management path and identify developmental opportunities to enhance your leadership competencies and potential. You will identify where you fit on the leadership spectrum and develop practical strategies to improve your leadership skills.
This course is best suited for you if you are a new manager or plan to move into management within the next year. It is a complete leadership competency development program engages participants in learning related tasks that the participant is coached to put into practice in the leadership situation.
- Each session is an intense action learning experience that includes interactive exercises and tasks
- Short lectures and presentations models of effective leadership based on real experience and practical research
- Skills development exercises and action plans for easy implementation and transfer to the workplace
- Practice opportunities Surveys and assessment tools
- Identify leadership behaviors--as measured by the Leadership Effectiveness Inventory
- Identify signature strengths and bridging strategies for effectiveness gaps
- Clarify and communicate your authenticity through giving voice to your fundamental values and beliefs
- Set an example for others by aligning your actions with shared values
- Set your vision of the future and inspire others to share a common vision
- Identify opportunities to improve and experiment with innovative ideas
- Learn problem solving and decision making and identify and eliminate root cause
- Build collaboration, teamwork, and trust and strengthen the ability of others to excel
- Recognize the accomplishments of others
This program is designed as a developmental journey that takes a participants through the task, roles and relationships of leadership. You'll be invited to undertake a project that puts learning into action and reflect and refine your approach to fit the requirements of your leadership situation.
Building high performance teams involves developing high level leadership skills including facilitation, coaching, engagement and motivational skills together with an understanding and effective management of team processes. Our dynamic and experiential program prepares you to maximise team performance through understanding the influences on team dynamics and success.
This experience is designed to challenge leaders to freshly examine their attitude to leadership and assumptions about teamwork, understand the impact they have on team performance and then strengthen their leadership effectiveness.
Prepared prior to the workshop. This optional diagnostic is a simple web-based questionnaire providing Leaders with an insight into their impact and effectiveness, as perceived by themselves, their peers, direct reports and Line Manager(s). The collated report is brought into the workshop alerting each participant to the areas that deserve the most attention and their strengths to build upon.
- Exploring leadership and the attitudes and values that enable leadership and stifle it
- Comparing the high performance team leader with traditional leadership
- Identifying participant's leadership style and impact
- Understanding what it takes to shift team membership from passive bystander to full blooded commitment to the team and its goals
- Evaluate team effectiveness and giving and receiving feedback
- A framework and skills for helping the team surface, prioritise and tackle issues
- Maximise each persons contribution to the team by understanding their Interaction style and Temperament and the impact on the team
- Transform conflict into creative energy and get better results.
Technology and globalization have combined to create a work environment in which teams communicate and collaborate virtually, thereby breaking the boundaries of time, geography - even the organization itself. To ensure projects are completed successfully, managers must find ways to help team members work together effectively, no matter how much distance might separate them. This program offers insight into the nature of virtual teams and will equip you with the tools needed to develop competency in building and leading high performing virtual teams.
- Enable business to be conducted globally and locally with efficiency and high productivity.
- Critical success factors for establishing and managing virtual teams
- Analyse and determine which tasks can and should be completed in a virtual environment
- The Roles and Concerns of a Virtual Team Leader
- Effectively Unifying the Team's Culture and Relationships
- Manage time, people, and team purpose in a networked environment.
- Select and use a variety of tools appropriately to meet virtual team requirements
- Ways that generate trust in others when working/leading virtually
- Strengthen and consolidate communication in virtual environment
- Adopt the principles of leading virtually
- Leverage the advantages and minimize the disadvantages of working virtually
- Plan and lead effective virtual team meetings
- Assess and improve virtual team performance
- Exploring the Virtual Team Lifecycle
- How to Become a Successful Virtual Coach
Optimal leadership behaviours include, leading with emotional intelligence and transformational people skills and motivation, while still setting clear expectations and boundaries to achieve key objectives. Is there room to achieve more through your people, by growing your own or your team leadership skills to build trust, inspire and motivate, and coach and develop others?
To build leadership capability, take advantage of world-recognised leadership assessment models such The Multi-Factor Leadership Questionnaire (MLQ). The gold standard MLQ 360 gets the input from the leader's peers, seniors and staff, to build a profile for comparison with validated optimal leadership behaviours that lead to the best outcomes for your people and your organisation.
ODR's accredited coaches facilitate the process of collecting the MLQ feedback and coach leaders through behaviour based feedback.
- The full range of leadership behaviour 360 degree assessment
- Measures the full range of leadership styles, what is working well for the leader and what they would work better for them to let go of
- The most highly researched and validated leadership instrument
- Evidence based and predictive or organizational outcomes
- Validated across cultures and different business segments/industries
- Assesses the effectiveness of both individual and team leadership capabilities
- A comprehensive development report, including narrative comments
- Benchmarks based on global normative data for comparison
- Defines target behaviour ranges based upon scores of successful transformational leaders
- Provides data that defines strengths and developmental opportunities
- Establishes a behavioural basis for leadership coaching
- User friendly because it is available "on-line” and only takes approximately 15 minutes to complete
This program focuses on the leadership aspects of project management and how people issues and organisational dynamics affect the final results of budget, schedule and quality. It enables participants to take over the running of a simulated project themselves.
- Identify the weaknesses in traditional costing systems
- Understand the essential aspects and process of Activity Based Costing
- Assess the financial, service and operational aspects for implementing ABC
- Understand how to finetune your ABC costing information
- Use ABC to become more responsive to your customer's real needs
- Reduce costs of non value adding company activities
- Significantly improve the accuracy of your company's management information systems