Mediation & Conciliation
The role of a mediator conciliator can be very difficult and demanding, but rewarding. You will need to remain neutral and unbiased, have a basic understanding of legislation and policy, sound communication skills, understand conflict and its causes and be able to apply models of conciliation effectively.
The program covers a large number of topics and although you will acquire many skills to assist you in your role as a conciliator. providing the basics is to be able to carry out your role.
- Foundations of the mediation process
- Basic interviewing and counseling skills
- Principles of conciliation process
- Universal principles of legislation and policy
- Inference and assumption
- Agreements and charters
- Following up and sustaining commitment