Group facilitation is an art. There are many components to be orchestrated and navigated to ensure an engaging, interesting, fun and dynamic learning environment that is safe, challenging and productive. This dynamic program provides a solid framework and proven techniques for generating creativity, motivation, consensus and outcomes from group participants.
Whether the setting is a corporate boardroom, an offsite conference room, or a community centre, facilitation skills are essential for anyone who leads meetings or groups and wants successful outcomes with maximum support.
- Apply a wide variety of strategies, approaches and techniques to manage workshop participants
- Group dynamics and how to maximise the potential roles taken up in groups
- Differentiate between the process and content of a group discussion
- Negotiating and setting group agreements
- Dealing with 'hot spots' and facilitation challenges.
- Facilitating Collaborative Decision Making
- Create and sustain a participatory environment
- Practice techniques for dealing with disruptions, dysfunctions & difficult people in a group setting
- Define what interventions are, when they are appropriate and learn how to implement them
- High quality facilitation utilising proven processes can be the difference in the experience, outcomes and potential of our workplace endeavours.
- Keep discussions on track
- Manage difficult personalities more effectively
- Channel different types of behaviours effectively
- Work within the three constraints of time, cost, and scope
- Develop techniques to generate and share ideas
- Ensure everyone in their team is operating to excel
- Shape the team to understand strengths and weaknesses of individuals
- Track progress made by the group and individuals