Motivational interviewing is a particular method of coaching to help a staff member who has been asked to undergo organisational change recognise and do something about his or her not taking up the transition as a problem. Some people are ambivalent about changing behaviour - they both want and don't want to change. Motivational interviewing has been found to help these people along the path to change.
- Understand the role of motivation in changing behaviour in organisational settings
- The elicitation of motivation
- Understand the key principles of motivation intervention
- Strategies for resolving ambivalence
- Establishing a collaborative relationship