These materials engage participants in the systematic analysis of the factors associated with customers and competitors (the external environment) and the organization itself (the internal environment) to provide the basis for maintaining optimum effectiveness and organisational sustainability/viability.
The objective of strategic management professional development is to achieve better alignment of corporate policies, procedures and practices and strategic priorities.
Position yourself to take advantage of potential future opportunities!
Future proof your organization with a robust way of penetrating the fog of uncertainty in dynamic business environments. Unlike forecasting, scenario planning readies the business for plausible scenarios or potential futures and their consequences and opportunities. This program builds alignment around a preferred future and focuses on organisational viability and potential transformation or renewal.
- Map the driving forces and emerging trends at work in your industry and the potential impacts on your organisation.
- Anticipate and take advantage of future disruption in your industry.
- Apply a decision making matrix from which to objectively evaluate resourcing and investment decisions.
- A filter for opportunities from which to position your organization.
- Foresight methods to explore multiple, plausible pathways into the future and create your future business vision.
- Enable strategic and critical thinking for creativity and innovation.
- Discover the power of standing in the future and expecting the unexpected.
- Determine how, when and where to act together with when to alter the plan and why.
This program introduces a Six Step Strategic Planning process and incorporates evaluation of the six driving principles for strategic planning. Participants are stepped through the process with practical exercises applicable to their organisation.
The approach is concise but comprehensive and enables participants to effectively address the near-and long-term requirements of the organisation.
- What is the integrated strategic planning process and what are the benefits over and above the kind of "maintenance” planning that gets us by in our everyday work.
- How to implement an effective planning process to discover the key elements and critical success factors and create an effective strategic plan tailored to your organisation.
- Questioning techniques that surface opportunites, risks and issues together with solutions that address root cause.
- Elicit and harvest key contributions from subject matter experts and process owners.
- Problem solvng, decison making, benchmarking, goals setting and monitoring.
- Engagement strategies to ensure the buy in and adherence to goal acheivement.
- Meaningful evaluation processes and continuous improvement. How to ensure the consistent alignment of effort to plan.
Specifically designed for the busy manager who wants to get ahead in their career and who needs to get to grips with a business program in a time and cost effective manner.
It is designed to give you a thorough overview of the strategic aspects of business and the way that each function interlinks; planning the business (strategic thinking); doing the business (operations management); managing the business (people and resources); marketing the business; financing the business and managing change.
- Use the skills of a strategic manager in addition to those of an operational manager.
- Understand the strategic planning process.
- Set appropriate business objectives that supports those of the organisation.
- Manage and motivate your department/team and maintain their commitment.
- Work more closely and effectively with senior colleagues.
- Create and communicate a clear direction of your team.
- Apply a personal action and development plan in the workplace that makes a difference.
- Create and assess strategic options using a practical strategic tool set.
- Manage costs strategically and operationally.
- Use a variety of management tools and techniques to manage people and resources.
- Manage change and motivate others to follow your lead.
- Balance long-term vs. short-term goals.
- Understand what to prioritise, implement and manage
Activity Modelling and Activity Based Costing methods are critical in determining the cost of doing business during an reengineering effort. This workshop is designed to detail the process for determining and managing the cost of effort and resources. The processes learned are effectively utilised whether through Business process Reengineering or applied in an organisation as part of the continuous improvement and sustainability/viability of the organisation.
The content of this program includes strategies for understanding "What" work is being done in the organisation, versus "How" that work is performed. IDEF0 Model analysis to determine what activities should and should not, be done, thus focusing an organisation on the "Right Things". In addition, the workshop will explore how Process Mapping can be integrated into Process Analysis, including an overview of the latest Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN) specification.
- Process and Activity Modelling
- IDEF0 - defining an organisation's activities
- Process Mapping using the Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN) as a tool for analysing activities
- An Overview of Managerial Accounting
- The Principles of Activity Based Costing/Management (ABC/M).
This is an entry-level Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) program that provides participants with practical, hands-on approaches to ERM implementation. The concepts and tools presented will help the "traditional risk manager" turn the corner in launching a process that aligns risk management efforts to the organisation's overall strategic goals
- Enterprise Risk Management frameworks and processes
- Strategic planning and ERM
- Risk based performance and process management
- Regulation and compliance
- Risk based capital allocation
- Risk management environment and culture
With the growing importance of knowledge as a lever of business strategy, it is essential that organizations know how best to develop and apply knowledge-based strategies in order to achieve bottom line business benefits. This particular program is intended for those who are planning and developing such strategies and knowledge management initiatives. It appeals both to line managers and senior executives who develop organizational strategies, as well as members of a knowledge team responsible for implementing them. Participants will benefit from the way that this workshop demonstrates the interdependencies between the contributions of different functions and disciplines.
- Identify the KM live cycle
- Identify the new KM paradigm
- Identify the KM models
- Understand how to build a KM rational for your company
- Understand how to customize KM definitions
- Identify the steps to implementing KM in your organization
- Identify tips for success
- Understand the importance of knowledge management and the reasons for its current prominence in management thinking
- Learn the fundamental concepts of knowledge management and relate them to your own organization
- Identify knowledge levers that can give you a strategic advantage
- Assess the key processes of knowledge management and how to apply them in practice
- Relate existing practices within your organization to 'world class' practice, based on insights into the successful implementations of knowledge leaders
- Appreciate which factors contribute to success or failure of knowledge initiatives.
With Supply Chain Management your company and employees will be on target to lower costs, improving efficiency, and increase customer satisfaction. This course will provide you with the understanding of how Supply Chain Management can improve and help almost any type of business.
OUTCOMES• Take a look at inventory management
• Study supply chain groups
• Review tracking and monitoring methods
• Examine supply chain event management
• Comprehend the flows of supply chain management and data warehouses
• Understand the levels of supply chain management and their effects
• Identify how supply chain management relates to: Customer satisfaction, Improving performance, Lowering costs, and Product development
Activity Based Costing can help to drive down costs by focusing management attention on the activities that cause the costs to occur in the first place. Traditional costing methods can be misleading and sometimes downright dangerous in larger and more complex organisations with multiple products/locations/departments. Activity Based Costing will get you closer to the truth about product profitability and overhead allocation than any other costing method.
This program will enable participants to use Activity Based Costing techniques to clearly identify activities that cause costs to occur, identify activities that are operating at less peak performance and to plan for performance improvements.
- Identify the weaknesses in traditional costing systems
- Understand the essential aspects and process of Activity Based Costing
- Assess the financial, service and operational aspects for implementing ABC
- Understand how to fine tune your ABC costing information
- Use ABC to become more responsive to your customer's real needs
- Reduce costs of non value adding company activities
- Significantly improve the accuracy of your company's management information systems
This program guides participants through the process of Business Review to effect fundamental reviews of performance at business and business unit level. The reviews use the concept of the Business Excellence Model, in particular the five 'Enablers' which cover what an organisation does.
The process provides participants with an opportunity to supplement the existing quality assurance mechanisms and demonstrate strategies aimed at examining key areas which effect business results. The review methodology examines the way in which particular enablers have been implemented and deployed; to audit the evidence base for these enablers and to advise management of the sufficiency, efficiency and effectiveness with which these are currently operating.
The reviews process takes a holistic view of performance, gathering information for framing the feedback report and focusing on service/product improvement issues.
- The data requirements and the material that needs to be analyzed in each of the three business review steps.
- The key marketing issues and questions that need to be answered in each step of the business review.
- How to write succinct summary statements describing the findings.
- Define what business the organization is in and the strategic leverage it will use to compete.
- Define product areas where the organization will grow and concentrate its business efforts.
- Provide and define the parameters for future channel and price decisions.
- Shape the brand positioning, marketing strategies, and communication sections later in the plan.
- Drive where the organization seeks growth and where itdoes not seek growth
Intended for those leaders and managers, this program is for those are charged with the responsibility of championing the innovation effort within their organisations. It is designed to help leaders embed practical creativity and real innovation into the day-to-day operations of their organisation. Participants apply design thinking to a practical problem: design a new company that encourages collaborative and creative thinking that build team cohesion and escalate innovation. It will prove to be a valuable learning experience for those truly passionate about advancing their organisations and themselves into the elite realm of being true innovation leaders.
- An experiential day of discovery
- Examine the key components of exploring situations and challenges creatively
- Explore a range of techniques for generating and harvesting ideas
- Become a creativity catalyst
- Bust the "I'm not creative" myth that stumps so many people
- Develop an action plan to help you achieve your creative potential
Organisational sustainability is rapidly becoming a strategy of choice for assuring viability in current and future economic climates. Extending beyond the traditional environmental sustainability, this program will explore extended strategic issues, develop and explore frameworks for whole of organisation systems sustainability and outline a number of practical approaches to establishing the systems, processes and practic es essential for the long term view. Participants will develop strategies for building change readiness and sustainable business operations including sense-making, decision-making and risk-taking in constant change, sustainable environmental and commercial practices and identity cultural and renewal as elements of sustainable practice.
- Organisational Sustainability - From Why? to How
- Provides a comprehensive organisational framework for sustainability
- Assists you to put sustainability strategy into action
- Articulates the business drivers and dimensions of sustainability
- Practical tools for establishing, implementing and sustaining