The workplace has often been seen as one of the places where civility still ruled, with co-workers treating each other with a mixture of formality and friendliness, distance and politeness. However, with downsizing, reengineering,budget cuts, pressures for increased productivity, autocratic work environments increasing and the use of part-time and outsourced employees, there has been an increase in "uncivil and aggressive workplace behaviours.” At what point does incivility become toxic undermining individuals and work-groups? This workshop is for those wanting to understand the options in when you find yourself in a toxic wasteland.
- When is behaviour toxic and how to recognise it.
- Indicators of toxic workplaces.
- Staff infections: The costs of toxic behaviour.
- System overload. When the poison rots performance.
- Narcissists and psychopaths. Putting their power in neutral.
- What happens when HR won't or can't do there job.
- Do you really get what you tolerate? Surviving toxic workplaces
- What do you mean THRIVE?