Our fast paced technology intensive world sees many managers adopt a "just do it” approach to getting things done. Often believing they can't afford the time it takes to practice good project management leads to many projects failing. However, many are turning to project management capability to increase and control the return on investment for their efforts.
If you're new to project management, this program will provide you with the essential competency, tools, techniques and practices you'll need to prepare for and complete your first project. If you're experienced, this program will enable greater effectiveness in every aspect of the role.
- A systematic and proven process to prepare, plan, execute and review projects.
- Determining the skills needed to be an effective project manager
- Relate objectives of the project with business and client needs
- In-depth knowledge of managing projects
- Effectively estimating, scheduling and budgeting the project
- Manage the risk associated with the project
- Effective time management during all the phases of project
- Techniques for setting up a strong project team.
- Templates for high quality project definition, planning and tracking.
- Techniques for controlling for deviation from budgets and schedules.
- Insights into effective quality assurance of your project plans.
- Hands on use of checklists for better scheduling and resourcing.
- Practice applying the process and tools on your own live projects.
Development of project scope, Work Breadown Structure, schedule, resources, risk management plans and more.