When facing significant organisational change such as mergers, acquisitions, infrastructure / restructure or new executive leadership, ODR can assist in assessing and aligning business strategies, operations and culture. Our experienced organisation development consultants partner to create and foster the culture to embedd and sustainable the change objectives. We provide services in assessment, design, communication, implementation and evaluation of change initiatives to assure the organisational process and cultural transition required to accelerate and sustain change.
Our extensive experience in managing the psychological, educational and behavioural aspects of transition will assist in minimizing the risk of productivity dip often associated with change. Whether for organisation wide or project/programme specific initiatives, our OD consultants expedite the change process utilizing a systematic approach to managing the people side while minimizing business disruption, resulting in a faster return on investment. We also offer interim management services and resources, reflecting our hands-on approach and depth of operational experience to those organisations looking to source capability and/or capacity.
We offer the following organisational change management services;
- Change Management Alignment
- Vision and strategy development
- Strategy design, implementation and review
- Organisational change management road maps / plans
- Organisational diagnostics, impact analysis and business case development
- Change and end user readiness assessment
- Structural alignment, design and development
- Learning needs analysis
- Design, development, delivery and evaluation of training and communication
- New business model execution
- Organisational alignment
- Cultural change definition and/or acceleration
- Coaching and support of leadership
- Assessing and sustaining stakeholder engagement
- Project/programme change management resources
Organisation development addresses the performance aspects that connect or disconnect to create efficiency and productivity in the dynamic systems at work within organisations. When introducing change ODR assist by aligning, realigning the existing systems or creating more effective practices.
Strategic AlignmentCreating the link between strategy and results, the purpose of organisational alignment is to catalyze efforts, energies and practices around a common direction, operating culture and business approach that supports sustainable success. Alignment creates new forms of accountability defining the leverage employees have to operate within the context of strategic initiatives. It achieves congruence between the rational element (strategies, goals, processes, systems and practices) and cultural elements (artefact's, legends, rituals, heroes, mental models, symbols, values) and connects these is a way that employees can navigate. Misalignment of these systemic elements is the major reason anticipated results are not realized.
ODR combines the disciplines of management science and the behavioural science of organisation development to assist senior management teams design and align the what needs to be done with the how things are to be done so that the day-to-day behaviours of staff are congruent, synergistic and support performance. We assess the current organisational factors against the desired future state across dimensions such as strategy, process, structure, competencies, technology and performance management.
ODR assists in establishing the 'best fit' structural framework to suit our client's organisational challenges. organisational structures define the capability, capacity and accountability mechanisms that enable leaders and teams to navigate their role and achieve their objectives. Matching accountability with authority and getting the span of control and delegations right has a profound impact on the culture and the way organisational values are expressed in employee behaviour. It sends strong signals about trust and governance avoiding the poor disciplines and lack of trust that lead to bureaucracy. ODR provide services in:
- Assessing existing systems including processes, practices and workforce capability and capacity
- Revising existing structure to ensure full alignment to deliver on business objectives
- Achieving optimum performance from teams through operational and performance metrics - clarifying performance account abilities
- Facilitating the development of operating Values (excellence, openness, customer service)
- Aligning operating Systems (IT, processes, policies, communications) with functional capabilities (hardware / software, human and other physical resources)
- Proposing core capacity versus partnering / outsourcing options
- Defining span of control (Management - staff ratio) assessments, roles, responsibilities (structures, work flows and reporting lines)
Organisational culture includes the networks of social relationships and behavioural patterns of employees such as norms, roles, communication, values, beliefs, habits, ways of doing and perceiving and attitudes. The profile of an organisation's culture identifies and measures its market strength and development requirements.
ODR assists in defining and realigning organisational cultures to ensure the networks, social relationships and behavioural patterns implicit in your organisational culture have a profound positive influence on how the work is done. Our Cultural Change programs consider more than the development of skills and knowledge. ODR offers strategy development appropriate to your cultural requirements including symbolic management, transformational leadership and true empowerment to release and enable staff capability.
Our services include;
- Organisational Culture
- Identifying and measuring cultural beliefs, values and attitudes that are driving positive and dysfunctional organisational behaviour.
- Challenging, addressing and reframing dysfunctional beliefs, values and attitudes by facilitating acceptance of the new organisation requirements.
- Coaching executives and managers in the behaviours used to lead cultural change.
Providing training, coaching and development in a range of options to teach empowerment, continuous improvement, innovation, personal alignment strategies and full engagement with future possibilities.
Project and Change Management Capability
When resources are required for a large change program or a single project, ODR provides the capability and capacity to define, navigate and embed the change requirements. Benefit from experienced, seasoned project resources with refined skills in organisation development and prevent the operational deficit in taking subject matter experts and operational managers off line.
ODR offers a suite of practical and experiential workshops that can be conducted on client sites or can be delivered through action learning methods. Whether staff learn the content and processes of important project and change management functions in workshops or ODR facilitates the project through coaching and learning through implementation (action learning), we utilize state of the art methodology to assure project success.
project managementEvaluating the progress of a project or program is an integral component of the continuous improvement and risk management framework. Using a systems approach, our expertise can be applied on a permanent or as required basis to determine;
- The ongoing relevance of the intended outcome of the program or project
- The extent to which the program / project outputs are delivering the identified outcomes and what is either contributing to or detracting from performance
- That program / project resources are used efficiently and dependencies are mapped
- That risk management protocols have been established and are being monitored and processes are being improved where appropriate
- That the benefits are being tracked and measured to assure realization of the required outcomes